What we do
Fifi Bijoux uses fairly traded, ethically mined gold and gems from socially, environmentally responsible mines. The jewellery is made here in the UK by master goldsmiths.
Contact us to discuss our luxury design service, or our collection of ethical engagement and wedding bands.
Fifi Bijoux also offers ready-to-wear pieces, ideal gifts for bridesmaids and mother-of-the-bride, as well as a collection of cufflinks.
It’s an intoxicating blend of conscience and luxury.
Fifi Bijoux is an ethical jewellery company and asks all potential suppliers and manufacturers to conform to the following code of practice:
Raw Materials: (Gold, Silver, Gemstones)
- All materials must be produced by means which respect both human rights and have minimal impact on the environment.
- Labour force must be paid a fair wage.
- No child labour or slave labour will be used at any time.
- Local labour laws must be respected.
- Equal opportunity for all employees. All employees have the same right to advancement and fair treatment, regardless of their sex, caste, family background etc.
- Employees have a safe, clean, well lit and well ventilated environment to work in.
- Employees are not exposed to harmful chemicals without proper protective clothing and equipment.
- Tools and equipment are maintained to ensure they function correctly and do not pose a threat to the safety of any employee.
- Employees are treated with respect; they are not subject to abuse.
- All business must be conducted legally. Supplies of gemstones and bullion must only be used from sources which have been approved by Fifi Bijoux Ltd (written, signed agreement required).
- All procedures for mining must be undertaken in a method which has minimum impact on the environment and community.
- Manufacturers must demonstrate ongoing commitment to reducing the negative effects of their business on the local environment and community. This includes responsible disposal of chemical waste, toxins and pollutants.
Fifi Bijoux welcomes suppliers who share the vision of creating beautiful jewellery in a manner which respects human rights, local communities and the environment.
Awards & Recommendations
- Named ‘Best Luxury Buy’ in The Independent
- Featured in The Ecologist, The Observer Ethical mag, Marie Claire and on Wedding TV
All paper, glass & plastic waste possible is recycled.
All appliances are water efficient and we conserve and re-use water where possible.
Using organic products
Mining and cutting of some of my stones fund an organic farming local sustainability project in Brazil.
Supporting local producers
We manufacture in the UK but raw materials (minerals) have to come from producing countries. All sundries are sourced locally where possible.
Supporting fair trade
All gold and gems come from fair trading, socially and environmentally responsible mining programmes. Gold comes from small scale, artisanal fair trade mining co-operatives.
Supporting / working with a charity
We currently support Unicef, Oxfam and Save the Children.
Supporting / working with a community / social project
10% of our profits from the ‘From Little Acorns’ pendant go to the Entebbe Women Association (EWA) Child Sponsorship Programme in Uganda. Many of the children are in mining communities and these are HIV orphans. The money raised from our ‘From Little Acorns’ pendant has so far sent 6 children to school in Uganda. We have also collaborated with Laban from GoldGenie and he has built a website for EWA: entebbe-miners.org